Custom Show Notes
From the moment you sign up for a Podfly Plan, our producers and project management team take the time and attention needed to understand who you are. More importantly, we strive to understand how you want your brand to be seen and heard. This includes creating a custom show notes experience working to match your podcast show notes to your content marketing theme, style, format, and voicing.
HOW IT WORKS.
• You are matched with a member of our copywriting team
• Our copywriter researches your brand, blogs, and social media
• A quick consultation call is made directly between yourself and the copywriter
• Drafts of the Custom Show Notes are created and refined until a Standard Operating Practice (SOP) is created for future notes
- Example -
How to Stop Sabotaging Yourself
True freedom is fulfilling and it is not about getting whatever you want. Freedom is about being fully and authentically self-expressed. Often our identities are created based on how others define us and not who we truly are. We may become imprisoned by other people’s opinions.
When we have been suppressed or restricted, we do not feel free and may rebel with self-sabotaging behavior. This may lead to reactive and unnecessary risks that do not serve us. Some risks, however, are intuitive and proactive. These types of risk can lead us to necessary growth.
Today’s caller, Jessica, doesn’t understand why she isn’t doing the things she should be doing. She relies on other people’s expectations and judgments and doesn’t feel worthy or deserving of her dreams.
She is dealing with issues of her own self-worth while trying to live up to society’s outcome addicted focus.
When we realize it is all about truth and love, we bring ourselves into alignment with our core values. It is then we can appreciate that our raw, authentic self is absolutely perfect.
* Can you list the top 5 core values that are the compass for your life? You should be clear about what they are. If you need help, the process to find them is detailed in my book, Expectation Hangover.
- Are you engaging in any rebellious or sabotaging behavior?
- Do you start to freak out when you get what you want?
- Do you feel free or suppressed and constricted?
- Have you taken risks in life or do you play it safe?
- Do you know what you should be doing, but take actions contrary to your goal?
Jessica wants to know why she makes the “wrong” decisions when she knows what the right decision should be, and why she sabotages herself while trying to attain her goals.
Jessica’s Key Insights and Aha’s:
- She has a war going on in her brain
- She grew up with very strict rules
- She doesn’t take risks
- She doesn’t feel free
- She always did the right thing even if she didn’t want to
- She has difficulty breaking away from her ex-husband’s criticism
- She wants to set a good example for her son
How to get over it and on with it:
- Find a way for your inner rebel to be satiated
- Give yourself permission to go after what you want
- Acknowledge who you are apart from what you’ve been told
- Stop carrying around old stories
- Honor your heartfelt desires
Tools and Takeaways:
- Write about your inner rebel
- Describe your inner rebel
- How does it act?
- What behaviors does it engage in?
- Write your definition of freedom
- Write down ways you may be restricting yourself
- Write down ways you could be authentically self-expressed
- What is one tangible action step you can take toward being more authentically self-expressed?
“The moment you decide to change your circumstances is when your circumstances begin to change.”
“Try acknowledging yourself as who you are instead of who you’ve been told you are.”
“Do you practice self-sabotage? Self-worth issues may be interrupting the life you truly deserve.”